Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #23 - Summarize your thoughts about this program

I have to say that this is the most worthwhile training in which I have participated in a long time. I really enjoyed being able to set my own pace and work when it was convenient for me.


Question answers:

1. My favorite "Things" were hard to narrow down, but I finally managed to pick only 4. Blogging was great and I think I will be continuing to use it both professionally and personally. The Google Tools/Trading card maker were great and I know I will be using them with my students. Google Docs is going to be helpful for communicating with my team and I think my kids will be able to use it on several different projects. Finally, I picked Del.icio.us because it is such a time saver. I am planning to get back to it in the days I have left and put together some more groups of items to use with the curriculum.

2. "23 Things" has really had an impact on my goals as a lifelong learner. I now have more tools in my technology arsenal that should be able to enhance my teaching and my kids' learning. It has really reaffirmed my love of learning. I have a message from a fortune cookie that I received my first year of teaching when some of us went out for lunch and it says, "The best teacher is also a student." I keep this fortune taped to my desk year after year because I truly believe in its message. This training has been a perfect example of how teachers are still students.

3. I think what surprised me to most was the amount of tools that are available for free. I know we haven't even scratched to surface of what is out there and I can't wait for more.

4. I'm not sure how to improve the program. I could say make it easier by explaining things a little more step-by-step, but that would take away the challenge and that would make the learning not as worthwhile. I find that I like learning more when it provides a bit of a challenge, even if I grumble about it a bit at the time. Keep up the outstanding work and I'll try to advertise it more too.

5. I would most assuredly participate if another program of this type was offered. I have gained so much information and my confidence in using technology has been boosted quite a bit. I can't wait to tell other teachers from my school about this training.

6. "23 Things" - Most worthwhile useful staff development training the district has ever offered.
"23 Things"- Fabulous and worth the time.

7. Comment on other blogs? Ok, ok, I'm going!

4 comments:

Terry said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Look forward to discussing new things this year!
We'll see you can get on board!

Terry said...

Actually that last sentence was supposed to be "We'll see WHO we can get on board!" Oh well. Never took keyboarding.

VWB said...

congratulations on completing your summer objective...I know you will put a lot of Things to good use and I hoope you will keep us informed thru the blog!

Ms. P. said...

Thanks th and vwb! I can't wait to actually put my "things" to use with my kids. I'll let you know how things go.

Th, we'll have to see who we can tempt. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't want to do it when they see all the possibilities!