Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasts and Audio Books

I found trying to use Switchpod as a podcast hosting site very challenging and frustrating. I think this is one that I will need some more work on to be any good at it. I could view podcasts, but couldn't get mine loaded right. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

I liked working with Photostory and I've used it before with my students. I've also used Audacity a little, but now have a bit more experience due to this "Thing". I think Photostory is very kid friendly and they can catch on quite quickly with a little instruction. The video I made using Photostory contains pictures that I got from FreeFoto. You have to register with this site, but all of the basic photos can be used for free without worrying about copyright.

Our librarian had the kids participate in making a class podcast with poetry and some vidcasts with book reviews and they loved it! I think it can be a very powerful tool that is easily adaptable for any subject area.

No comments: