Thursday, July 31, 2008

Facing "Darth Commenter"

Well, it has happened...I have faced my first "Darth Commenter"! I was glad that the "23 Things" training had discussed this aspect of blogging with us so that I was prepared to handle the situation.

At first, I was very upset that the DC had treated the blogger so terribly with the disrespectful comments (I was a commenter on the attacked person's blog). When a few of us other commenters offered support for the blog writer by pointing out that none of us were in the same situation so we really couldn't completely understand, the DC attacked us as well!

It is truly amazing that people can be so narrow minded to believe that their point of view is the only one that could possibly be correct :^( However, thanks to my "Things", I was able to respond to the DC and tell her that I would "respectfully agree to disagree" with her.

Of course, taking the respectful tact just made her angry causing another "written assault", but I felt better and knew that I had continued with the spirit with which we were intended to blog. I think it's great when people can discuss opposing views of a topic intelligently and respectfully, but the DC definitely put my patience to the test. :^)

No comments: