Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #20 - YouTube, TeacherTube and Zamzar

I was surprised by the number of videos available and all the different topics there were from which to choose. I liked being able to see what other teachers had put together to help with lessons, but it took a long time to go through them and some of them were not at all what I was looking for or were filled with extra things in which I wasn't interested. I think YouTube and TeacherTube could be good tools for teacher and student learning, but would have to be used very judiciously. It would help if the district would unblock YouTube and trust us to make good choices in what is being viewed.

I had some trouble getting my video chosen and converted with Zamzar just due to my own lack of knowledge about what format to choose, process to follow, etc., but I finally managed to get it figured out. Thanks for "pushing" me to learn this new skill!

1 comment:

VWB said...

glad you figured it out because zamzar is worthi t' weight in gold...makes the blocking a non-issue!