Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Award List

I looked at several of the sites on the Web 2.0 Award List and one of my favorites was BBC Player under the 2nd Place Video category. Under the Explore the BBC section I really liked the Science and Nature page. It has many different things that could be used with students. I particularly liked how the different animal study sections were set up. They had a Reading section to get information, a Game to practice what was learned from the Reading, and then a Quiz to evaluated what was learned. This could work for whole group instruction, small group instruction, or work stations. I can't wait to get more time to go back and explore this site more thoroughly. I mean where else can you pretend to be a chimpanzee and meet/greet other chimps based on their body language? Yep, it's there...check it out!

1 comment:

Double Learner said...

I'm definitely going to explore that site! Thanks for the comments you left me!