Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing #18 - Online Productivity Tools

Ok, I'm a bit frustrated with Open Office. I downloaded it like we were supposed to, but I can't open it because it says I don't have administrative rights. Do I need to do the "at home" log in to make it work, and if so, does that mean I won't be able to access anything I create on it unless I'm logged in like that at the time?

I'm much happier with Google Docs. I can see many benefits using it and it seems really similar to a wiki. I'm going to get my team to try and use it to create our roadmap this first nine weeks and see how that goes.

I see the advantages of offering this as a way for people who can't afford the Office Suite or have a computer that doesn't come with it and the ease of collaborating with others. I, obviously, prefer Google Docs since I can't get the other one to work for me.

I'm much more familiar with Microsoft Office, but I like having more than one option to use.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I would think you need to log in with HOME, download office and then you should be able to login as you and use it as you would anything else.