Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing #6 - Mashups and 3rd Party Sites


Very interesting and addicting! I found several things that I can use with and for the kids. Mapmaker would be a great way for the students to track their progress on their states tests. I think I will use Motivator to have the kids make updated posters of the Life Skills we study using their own pictures and descriptions (maybe this will give them a bit more ownership in class behavior).


I really liked the Trading Card maker. My librarian shared this with my class last year and taught them how to use it to create state cards. This would really have a lot of applications from making cards to support research projects to generating vocabulary cards to help ESL students.


I need more time in the day!!

2 comments:

VWB said...

you think we can find a "generator" that will create more hours for playing! ;-) I need some too.

your lion picture is sweet...he looks like he is peeking out from under the bed!

Ms. P. said...

vwb, I don't know of such a generator, but if we could find one or make one we would be rich I'm sure!