Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thing #11 - LibraryThing


LibraryThing was really interesting. I can see myself using it as a tool to help me keep my own organized list of favorite books that I like to teach with during the school year. Goodness knows, I have a hard time remembering the titles/authors sometimes and this would really help. I also like being able to see other books that people recommend on a subject/topic in which I'm interested. I believe this could really be a time saver.


I did find a couple of groups that sounded interesting and I joined one of them. It's great knowing there is a place that I can go to get suggestions from others who understand "where I'm coming from".


What's next?!

1 comment:

Terry said...

What I liked about library thing is being able to attach my own ideas to the title rather than just library subject headings. So I can list problem solving or landforms or figurative language which isn't what non-teachers might get out of the book!