Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing #2 - Lifelong Learners

The "7 1/2 Habits" online tutorial was really interesting! I really liked the emphasis on individuals being in control of their own learning. I agree that if you want to learn more about a subject there are numerous resources available and you are the only one standing in your way. I also like the "1/2" Habit...learning through "play" can be very powerful.

I think the easiest habit for me is #2, Accepting responsibility for your own learning. I have always been one of those eager learners constantly asking "Why?" and "How?" and generally pestering others to teach me things I don't know.

The habit that is the hardest for me is #6, Using technology to my advantage. I feel that I do use technology to help me, but I waste more time than necessary sometimes. A lot of my knowledge of technology is self-taught and I don't always discover the most time efficient steps right away.

No comments: